Wednesday, September 11, 2002

Tonight I graduated three students from a private pilot ground school class (Kay, Dustin, Ryan - good on ya!). I didn't intentionally plan for their final exam to fall on 11 September - it just worked out that way. As I was putting the schedule together, back in June, and came up to the final exam date, I was a little taken aback to see it fell on the first anniversary of That Day. I considered shifting the schedule, giving my students a day off in the middle of the course perhaps, so the last class would not fall on the 11th. I decided to leave the schedule as it was. My biggest reason for leaving the date the way it worked out? A year ago, I was teaching another ground school, and that class's first stage exam was scheduled for 9/11. Damn if I was going to let Osama's bastards dictate my schedule again.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?