Monday, September 23, 2002

MARYLAND - DISARMED AND BROKE From an article in Time on Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, running for governor of Maryland: "And her association with Governor Parris Glendening has saddled her with some blame for next year's projected $1.3 billion deficit." If I recall correctly, Glendening has been one of the more rabidly anti-gun governors, and it was primarily for that reason that I hoped someone would whup his tail this year. I was disappointed when I learned he wouldn't be running for re-election, but I take some solace in the possibility that his heir apparent may very well not ascend to his position. It's OK by me that it may be fiscal issues that sink her chances. Townsend's opponent is Robert Ehrlich who, according to the same Time article, is willing to re-examine Maryland's gun restrictions.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?